The Top 20 Dissertation Topics On Performance Appraisal To Consider
Performance appraisals were designed to give the employee an idea of how they are doing and to give them an idea of the areas that they can work on. It is an effective method if it is done correctly. The only problem is that most of the time it is not handled the way it should. Sometimes managers quickly fill out review papers to get them done. If management is not going to take the time to do it right, there is really no need to do it at all.
It is a great topic to write your dissertation on though. There are so many different angles that you can take on this project. You can choose one of the topics below or use this list to help brainstorm your own ideas.
- What are the psychological attributes of performance appraisals?
- What are the best methods of assessing employees?
- What are the performance review standards?
- What are the differences in team review as opposed to individual appraisal?
- How can you assess communication during a performance appraisal?
- How can performance appraisals effect performance?
- How do you create good performance evaluations in increase productivity?
- How do performance management and performance appraisals work together?
- How can you work performance management into your strategic plan?
- How do employees view performance appraisals?
- Does a good employee performance appraisal have to come with a raise to be effective?
- What are some effective questions to ask during your performance review?
- Should a company conduct performance appraisals?
- How often should employees be evaluated?
- What happens if managers don’t take the reviews seriously?
- Do managers have the time to conduct a thorough employee review?
- What makes a performance evaluation effective?
- Is there a grading template that can be utilized for a performance evaluation?
- Why have companies chosen to get rid of performance reviews?
- What are the reasons behind why performance appraisals were originally developed?
When you are preparing your dissertation, be sure to read through all of the school’s instructions so that you can make sure you are writing your paper within the guidelines. They may also ask that you present your paper in a certain format. If this is the case, you want to know the format up front so that you can start writing your resource information in the right format.