5 essentials of graduate theses
A strong graduate thesis gets you closer to completing your course and earning the credits you want. This is an important assignment as you share your insight and knowledge on a topic of choice. You are expected to provide concise and clear details pertaining to your main idea or purpose. It is important to use your time wisely and plan ahead. The following essentials are necessary for students wanting to write a strong graduate thesis.
- Thorough understanding of your assignment and its guidelines. Your guidelines provide inside details on requirements and things you should include in your work. Elements such as formatting and the due date are important to know and understand so you can be smart about how your time is used.
- A good topic of interest. Select your topic based on interest and ability to present related findings. You want to make your assignment engaging and informative. Think about your audience and any information you may want to mention of significance.
- Properly planned research strategy and outline. Think about tools and resources you will need to conduct your research. You should be able to collect enough data to provide thorough evidence in how you came up with your conclusion. Your outline is your project but broken up into smaller points and sections. This will give you an idea of what information you need to write your paper.
- Strong thesis statement you can prove, solve, or answer clearly. Your project will be centered on your thesis statement. The idea is to come up with a strong statement that your research will elaborate on and eventually prove to be true. It may be a question or a problem and you work to provide a solution based on your understanding. You may have an idea for a statement but this alone is something to think about and work on. During research you may need to alter it a bit to make it stronger based on your findings.
- Taking time to revise, edit, and proofread. Read over your final draft to make sure it looks and sounds good. You should consider writing a rough draft before making final changes. Your outline will help you piece your project together. Have someone read your content and give feedback. Make changes as necessary to clarify your content and double check you met project guidelines.